2009年2月20日金曜日

interpreter

***

I am working as an interpreter for a project
in a pharmaceutical company.

I am not an expert in medical field, and I did not
have any confidence to work as an interpreter.

Though I had many year's experience in attending
interpreter's school and actually devoted myself to study hard
to become an interpreter, I have always suffered from
a complex when I speak in English and I am very embarrassed
to be called an interpreter because of my poor English ability.

I could not drop this idea so far.

However, now I am working as an interpreter for a project that
my company is doing.

The field of the project is very technical, especially to me
so I have to learn many things every day.
I am learning new words through my work.

Then I realized that I do not have to show off my ability.

I just have to learn new words one by one,
and with the knowledge, if I can help my team staff
to communicate smoothly, this is my goal.

Fluency is also important, but having good communication
with my collegues and helping them with my ability
is more important to be an interpreter.


***

3 件のコメント:

  1. Those little day-by-day realizations are what growth is all about! Word by word, breath by breath, step by step.

    BTW, the Tora-san museum in Shitamachi isn't far away...

    返信削除
  2. Thank you, Bob-san!

    Though it has been hectic days,
    I am happy to have the day-by-day realizations.

    BTW, do you like Tora-san, too?
    I love Tora-san story. I will try to go to the
    museum!

    返信削除
  3. The Tora-san movies have their own special place in my mental movie museum. I rent one now and then, to take a trip.

    返信削除